JellyPages.com

Monday, February 23, 2015

A very interesting week..

Well, Monday, we went to this big market place called Tsena Sabotsy (Saturday Market) to buy some stuff for the soccer tournament. They didn't have any cleats my size so we might have to go back today. I also intend on buying soccer shorts too. I miss short shorts way bad haha. I bought a backpack too because if you've ever tried to ride a bike with a shoulder bag, it's a bit difficult. And then add on top of it that anytime you go anywhere it's like navigating an obstacle course. So yeah it was necessary. I'll be sad when I move somewhere without bikes and I'll have to switch back to the shoulder bag. We saw this family in the Tsena from Norway and they spoke English. Like they were speaking English to each other. I didn't know they spoke English in Norway. They gave this little kid like 20,000 A which a ton of money. When we went out to work we taught Robin's family because they are all super mangatsika (inactive). And then we had our suare with Tahiry's family and decided that next time (today) we are going to eat rabbit. Maybe next week we can eat guinea pig...

Tuesday we went to the bike guy first thing and went with him to Tsena Sabotsy to buy the part for my bike. Well we get all the way there and it was closed... Lame. Our first few times fell through and then we went to Landy and this was cool. So this is a family without a dad. It's the mom, some little kids and about 4 girls close to my age. Well we have no guy with us so we can't go in. We are thinking about what to do when Johnson, a member, walks by. So we grab him, and were able to teach them. Way cool thing. He had no reason really to be where we were but there he was. It was a way cool blessing. We had quite a few good lessons that day too, all with super solid investigators that are progressing well.

Wednesday we went all the way across our area to this swimming pool that is being built and waited for our member help to show us a referral. Well he never showed up so that was lame. So we went to English class and I got to teach the Mahay Class. It's so much better than the other class. I can just talk to them in English it's way nice. We did a split after English and Robin went with me. We taught quite a few lessons together and it was way fun. God helps for sure when you get put into hot water. I noticed this in Fianarantsoa when I went on a split with Elder Mack when I first got there. You just all of a sudden can say things that you couldn't before. God isn't going to let you fail in his work. 

Thursday was super awesome. We had district meeting then went to this way nice pizza place. You pay 20,000 A and you get two super huge pizzas. Razaka and I split one and it was so good. So much pizza too. All of our first times stood us up though so that was lame. We went to one time and this is where it gets good. We get to the house and Razaka starts talking to the people there to find out where our investigator is and this guy comes strutting over talking about the vazaha (me). So he comes over and I'm like "Hey that's not polite to be calling people vazaha.) And then I notice that he has a leaf in his hand. Yeah a marijuana leaf. I start telling him that that is duper bad for him and he shouldn't do it anymore. He thought it was fine and was a game for his brain. Well I kept on him and he was like "ok you're right" and dropped it. Well then some kid comes and picks it up and puts it in Hi's pocket. He was trying to hide it too. I wasn't going to have any of that though so I made him give it to me and I ripped it up and got rid of it where he couldn't get it again. But then we went to this other part of our area we had never been to before and got tons of contacts. We walk down this street and start knocking doors. Well we come across a inactive member, someone who learned before and then just tons of people that wanted to learn. We were standing in the path writing down directions to get back and people just were coming up to us and asking to learn. It was super awesome! 

Friday, we went to a member's house to teach an investigator but she never showed up. We were talking to the recently returned missionary there and she was telling us about her mission in Cote d'Ivoire. Let's just say I am very blessed to be here in this mission and to have President Adams as a mission president. The amount of crap that goes down there is ridiculous. We taught Solofo right after and then went with a member to this place super far away, clear on the outskirts of Antsirabe. We taught an inactive member and apparently in this area that she lives, there were 32 investigators that were supposed to get baptized with her but something happened when the president changed so it didn't happen. Well we are going to go back and find these people again. We went to Faly and he told us that his house got robbed the other night. His son was sleeping on the couch by the TV and DVD player that got stolen and he is super grateful that his son isn't hurt. 

Saturday, we had a practice for the soccer tournament. We had this field to ourselves for 4 hours. It was way fun but sooo long. I scored a couple times though haha. One was a header too and I felt super cool haha. We taught a Preach me Gospel class today after all our times before that fell through. Robin and Johny taught me about the Restoration for practice and they struggled a little bit. I realized that I was where they are right now only 7 months ago. Just goes to show the blessings you receive as a missionary. We did another split and Robin came with me again.We taught a couple 
times and met back up at a soiree. The soiree was with some investigators and they are way cool. They were telling us that they really want to be baptized now because ever since the missionaries came to them, the dad and the son have stopped drinking and they have seen many blessings. Way cool.


Sunday was a great day. Woke up super stiff and sore though because of soccer the day before. We had tons of investigators come to church and that was way awesome! We had another split today after out first time. We had almost all of our times fall through. We taught the ex-branch president who is super inactive right now. He's a way cool guy though. Then we went to teach a time by Robin's house. It was raining so we went to his house real quick to grab him an umbrella. There are tons of people at his house having some kind of party. They are drinking and it reeks of marijuana. Robin's dad and this other guy were standing outside talking so I talked to them real quick. They were trying to hide that there was marijuana there but they knew that I knew and they thought it was pretty funny. They were probably high. But what really made me mad was Robin's dad was like, "No he doesn't drink. They don't drink at their church." He's a member though too. Yeah dumb. Our time went not too well either. It was this Lutheran chick that just straight up told us that they never want us to come back and they already have their church, there is only one God, we all worship him so why should we go to your church and all that stuff. So I left them with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and invited them to church if they change their mind. All they wanted to do was argue so I though it best to just get out of there. We left with a prayer and the Lutheran girl said it. At the end they all started doing this chant thing that was super creepy. Even Robin joined in with the chant. I felt like I had just entered a M Night Shamalan movie or something. We met back up with the others and did a practice interview with our investigators getting baptized. Then we went to a less active member house and were a little mean. We asked why they didn't come to church today and they said they went to another church and didn't see what the problem was with that. So basically it went like this: 3Ne 27:8, 1Ne 14:10, 2Ne 6:12, and D&C 82:3 to top it off. It was very blunt but they needed it. 


Well I think that's all for this week. Have a good week everyone; don't all get married at once. It's weird.
Baobab fruit

Worm that burrows into your skin




No comments:

Post a Comment