JellyPages.com

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Halfway at the MTC!

I'm pretty sure I am allergic to one. Remember I took that one and broke out in hives so I had to get a different one that I'm on right now? Yeah I need to know what that was like ASAP. But anyway, this past week was pretty good. Nothing too exciting happens in here. I did not get to host yesterday so I did not see Hayden and I have not seen Mark yet. I'll see Hayden at devotionals though. The west campus comes over here for those. I'll probably see Mark today and I'm not too worried about it. I'll be able to see him pretty easily. I get to host next Wednesday though! And we may also be hosting the Wednesday after too! So I might be hosting for Kason and Taylor and will be for sure with Merrill. If you happen to see any of the Terrys find out for me what time they check in. Or not. It could always just be a surprise. 
The missionary mom float looked fun! That's awesome that you had so many moms turn up for it! We didn't do anything special for pioneer day. It was our P-day but the temple was closed so we didn't get to go to that. We got to see some fireworks though over the top of the buildings though. But other than that it was a normal P-day.
I'm good on hangers, shorts and socks. I don't need anything I don't think. Not yet anyway. I'm sure I'll find something after I'm done emailing. 
We had very good devotionals this week. The first one, on Sunday, was a guy in the missionary department and he was super funny. I can't remember his name though. On Tuesday we had John Groberg, the guy from The Other Side of Heaven. Like he is the guy the movie was made after. He played clips during the devotional from the movie and talked about remembering that exact situation. He told us other stories from it too. His subject was testimony. It was awesome. I have notes on it but I don't have them with me right now. I'm doing laundry right now so I didn't bring anything with me. I sang in the choir for that one though. I didn't get to last week. There is a rumor going around that next Tuesday is going to be a General Authority. They had Neil L Anderson the day before I came in and haven't had one since but they had like a general authority every week before that. They take a vacation in July I think so since next Tuesday will be August, there's a good chance. 
The language is coming along still. I can teach lessons so much better now that I can kind of talk to people. I'm already way better at Malagasy than I was at Spanish. And I took 2 years of Spanish. Just goes to show, the gift of tongues is a real thing. We have TRC tonight which is basically where we teach a home teaching lesson to a member that speaks Malagasy. We sit in this special room with a camera in it and our teachers record it and watch it while it's going on. After, we get to watch and evaluate how we did. We didn't get to do it last week so we'll see how it goes.
It's crazy that I'm already half way done. Our half way mark was on Tuesday. Three weeks from now I'll be in Madagascar. I think the phone will be the better option to call home with. I can buy phone cards here on campus but I still think the phone will be better. 
Fun story of the week: I scored another goal in soccer! Two of them actually. One on them and one on my own team. Yeah it was embarassing. It wasn't my fault though. It was really the goalies. I blocked a pass with my chest and the ball bounced/rolled into the goal very slowly. You could see it coming from a mile away. And, on saturday, we were playing soccer and I totally rocked this Australian elder. I felt really bad. My arm hit him in the nose when we were both going for the ball and I gave him a bloody nose. He said it was alright though and his Australian accent was awesome so I got over it pretty quick. Let McKenna  know too that I talked to this Elder from England the other day and he has a super cool accent. He's going to France which I thought was kind of weird. He came all the way over here to go all the way back over there. And we have a Sister in my zone that is from Australia and she has a pretty cool accent too. 
Sorry if I didn't answer all of your questions. I can never remember everything you tell me in the letters. It'll be better once you are forced to send me emails in Madagascar. Our teachers have told us some interesting stuff about Madagascar. I'll tell you about it next week though haha. Or I'll write a letter and send it I don't know haha. Just have Grandma email me. I don't get too many so I'd have plenty of time to answer her. Speaking of which, get after Arizona next time you see her. She hasn't wrote me yet and she promised. Tell her I'm mad at her haha.
Talk to you next week! Veloma!
Elder Coleman

Oh yeah another fun story. We were teaching one of our investigators about faith in Jesus Christ and we invited him to be baptized. No big deal right? He thought about it for a minute and said yes. Then it got super awkward and there was an awkward silence for like 15 seconds and then I just busted up. I have no idea why! It was the wierdest thing! Everyone started laughing haha it was bad. 
So i don't need a new garment top I think. The same thing happened to Elder Hammer and he just washed it again and it came out. But if you already bought it or sent it thats fine I can use it anyway. I could also use a little alarm clock and a shoe polishing kit. I don't know why I didn't think of those things before I came out but that's how it is I guess.

And I still haven't gained any weight! I weighed myself the other day and I was 138. If I can't gain weight in the MTC I don't think I ever will. It's stupid.
The other day we did exchanges for teaching a lesson and I ended up in a trio with Elder Koplin and Elder Ahlstrom. It actually went pretty well although it was really weird teaching in a trio. We managed though and our investigator/teacher said it was an awesome lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment