JellyPages.com

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The MTC is Great!

First P-day! Finally! The MTC is pretty great! The food isn't too bad but some others are experiencing the effects listed in Jeremiah 4:19-20 so feel free to read that to know. Classes are going well. We just learn Malagasy like all day. We literally have class right after breakfast until lunch and then after lunch until dinner and immediately after dinner till 9:30 which is when we have to be in our residence hall. Funny story about our residence hall. It is at the back of the campus and our room is on the top floor. Not a big deal right? But our class room is on the complete OTHER side of campus, about where I got dropped off on Wednesday. AND our class in on the top floor. We're on the 4th floor of residence and 5th floor of class. So. Many. Stairs. Everyday. I guess it's just preparing us for Madagascar. The second we walked into class the teachers were spurting Malagasy at us and I had no idea what was going on. But I've learned a lot in the past week so I can actually say simple sentences that aren't always grammatically correct. We had to teach a lesson in Malagasy on day 3. That was a challenge that's for sure but we got better the more lessons we taught. We taught this investigator named "Rakoto Jean" who spoke fluent Malagasy. We had our suspicions that he wasn't a real investigator from the get go but yesterday during mine and Elder Pinson's lesson he got a phone call. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and pulled his teacher nametag out with it! So we totally busted him. Then he came into our class and told us that he was one of our teachers! So we have 3 now. They are all returned missionaries and all served with each other (only with overlap, they weren't in the same group.). One of our teachers, Brother Aldous knows Garrett Madril! They were in a folk dancing class together or something. I have seen Hadin and Putter both almost everday. Putter wants me to say hi to Dad for him. I'm trying to get the pictures to work but they won't for some reason so I'm going to try a different computer here in a few minutes. Our district got to go to the temple this morning and do a session and that was cool. We had to be there at 7 so we had to miss breakfast. I'm starving right now but lunch is in a little bit. THanks for the popcorn, cookies, and eggs! My district and I sure enjoy them! They are getting jealous of all the letters and packages I keep receiving. Oh I need you to send me a letter that says what medication i'm allergic too and what medication i'm on right now for Malaria pills stuff. Also, If you could send me like three more pairs of black Nike Dri-Fit socks and another pair of shorts that would be fabulous. What in the World? McKenna VOLUNTEERED to speak in church? How long HAVE i been gone? I thought i'd only been gone like a week. And Happy Birthday Jarrin! Sorry I missed another one bud! Sounds like it was fun though!  OH yeah I forgot to mention that our district is the biggest in the MTC and the biggest district of Malagasys ever  so here we are setting records and stuff. I'll talk to you next thursday fianakaviako! Veloma! (goodbye)
Elder Coleman

Oh yeah and I was in the missionary choir on tuesday night for a devotional with L Edward Brown an ex-general authority. We have devotionals on sunday and tuesday and it looks like they are broadcasted so see if you can find them on BYU TV or something. We do them at like 7 I think. I forget everything you asked so ask any questions for next thursday and I'll try my best to answer. Put them in the email though cause I won't remember if they are in letters.




The first one is my nametag obviously. The second one is some of the Elders in my district. IN the first one the Elder standing up is Elder Rasmussen, Bottom left is Elder Pinson, Left to right from elder Rasmussen is Elder Hammer, Elder Johnson, Elder Tavo (kinda hard to see behind Elder Johnson) and Elder Schroeder. In the third picture same but you have Elder Ahlstrom standing on the right. He's our district leader. The single picture is of Elder Pinson and I right before I emailed earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment