JellyPages.com

Monday, March 30, 2015

72 kilos...

Very good week this week. Even better than last week. Monday wasn't anything special. We taught Robin's family and it went way well. They are super awesome; I love them a lot. I love the members in this branch a lot. 

Tuesday was good. We had a split alike we did every day this week because we have way too many people to teach. All the times that I was supposed to teach fell through though so that was lame. But I did teach this new family and they are way cool. Maurice and Hanta is their names. We met aback up at Johnson's house. He's a super active kid but his family is super inactive and we taught them. Their problem is that the dad, Rolland, was super active before but missed two Sundays. Then when he went again, a member told him that he had to be baptized again because he didn't come. The member also said that was a message from the branch president for him. Yeah super lame. But then we went to Setra's house and they fed us a ton as always. Way nice.

Wednesday was a good day. English class was super fun as always. I teach the class that is already pretty good and they just ask me about America all the time so that's fun. It makes me realize just how great America is and how blessed we are to have such an amazing country and so many nice things. SO many nice things. Like roads and sidewalks. A functioning government(I won't go in to that but trust me, it can't be any worse than here). real food. I caught a few times and did a bit of contacting too. Pretty often, we go to times and the parents send the kids outside to tell us that they aren't home. Super lame. That happened to one of our times that day and I was way mad. I could hear the mom inside the house. 

We had district meeting on Thursday and it was way good and we got to eat lunch at the Tolman's house which was way good as always. And at their house is where this email got it's name. The Tolman's have a scale in their house and I stood on it and boom! 72 kilos. Or 160 pounds for those that are not mahay at metric. Yeah so I've gained 20 pounds.... weird stuff. But way awesome! I'm super happy right now that I'm gaining weight. After lunch, we did a split and I went and taught Maurice and Hanta about the Book of Mormon. I love teaching athat lesson. It's just a super powerful message. I also taught another investigator about it the same day so I got double duty on that one. We met up with Razaka after that and taught ROlland and Maxime after him then went to Setra and had a soiree. We bought some drinks for the soiree and when we were buying the drinks, we some guy ask if we were Mormons. That's super rare here; nobody knows the word 'Mormon' in this country. So that was kinda fun. He offered me a cigarette too so that was fun. I have been offered beer, cigarettes and weed on my mission but not once before. Kinda funny. 

Friday was a good day. I did a bunch of contacting so that was kinda lame but it was kinda fun at the same time. I kind alike searching for new people to teach. I taught a couple of the contacts. I also taught a less active member who lives very close to some active members and I got them to come with me. It was a way good lesson. The member gave a lot of useful input to the lesson. 

Saturday, we had a basketball activity in the morning that was way fun. We had the whole district there and I got to run like the score/stats thing. Thank you Luce for having me as the basketball manager. Who knew that would ever come in handy? It was good but them some random people came and starting playing on the court in the middle of one of our games. We had the court rented too. We tried to get them to leave but they wouldn't and basically just wanted to fight. They would have left, but it was the white guys that were telling them to leave so they weren't having any of that. We taught TInah and Naina later and had a good lesson with them then had PMG class which was a total bust. We aren't going to do it anymore because no one comes. I went and taught Liva after PMG though and had a good lesson with him. He's a very smart guy and just accepts what we are telling him is true. He knows the scriptures and what we tell him just makes sense. He just needs to pray now. 

And then Sunday came around which is the craziest day of them all. Well first off I gave a talk in Sacrament about the Atonement so that was fun. When they announced that I was giving a talk, everyone in the congregation turned and looked at me. Thankfully I have a Malagasy companion and he helped me with some phrases that made me sound super good at Malagasy and every was super amazed. It was way funny. And it was like the easiest talk I have ever given in my life I think. And we had one of the people from Be Sofina show up to church randomly. They have been learning from missionaries forever and have never come. And we have this other investigator who is way amazing. I am very impressed with her. When she was younger, she broke her leg. Since this is Madagascar, she did not get a cast or anything; couldn't afford it, so she just went on with her life and her leg healed, sideways. So she has to use a big stick to walk around because she can't walk normally. She lives a long way from the church. She has come the past two Sundays, walking for 2 and a half hours to get there. She can't move very fast because of her leg but she wants to come. She loves our church. She is amazing. As soon as branch council was over, we did a split to catch all our times because we have way too many on Sunday. I caught a few times but a lot weren't home. I taught a Jehovah's Witness so that was fun. People here a lot of the time think that we are JW's so that's lame. And another funny story is that I was talking to this less active member outside her house and this guy, a girl, a little girl, a dog, and the cutest little puppy ever walk by. I said hello to the people then I turned to the member and said,"That is a super cute puppy" At that point the guy stopped dead and came over and started freaking out at me. I could tell he has high and drunk. He kept asking why I didn't greet him first and if I should greet animals or people first. He was super annoying. I just walked away and he freaked out but it was funny. We taught Tianh and Niana again and got them set for their baptism. We just need them to get married first. Then we went to Be Sofina and they told us that they are all going to go to church next Sunday.


SO Yeah way good week. I am becoming way good friends with the members thanks to Razaka and I have a favorite member family now here. They are way cool and are super fun. And their youngest daughter is like my best friend right now. We have our own special dona. I don't know if you have seen this movie called The New Heros or something like that. It's like these smart people become like super heroes and fight some guy with a mask in San Francisco. It's a cartoon. Well they watched this movie this last week and when the kid gives his robot a dona, he like explodes it and says,"la la la lala" So that's ours now haha. I don't know if that made any sense but that's how it is now. 


I don't know about Easter yet but I do know that it is super big here. Like the biggest singers here in Madagascar are coming to Antsirabe for a big 3 day concert so that'll be interesting. I have not gotten your package yet but if there is one it'll be coming down this week. The zone leaders are going up to Tana today for a leadership conference and are coming back on Wednesday.

















No comments:

Post a Comment